Michael F. Sutton
Michael F. Sutton is a Member at Gwin Steinmetz & Baird. Mr. Sutton graduated from the Indiana University School of Law, where he served on the Federal Communications Law Journal.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Sutton obtained an M.S. in Counseling and worked in the field of counseling psychology. Mr. Sutton’s experience also includes a clerkship with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Kentucky. Mr. Sutton is admitted to practice in the courts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the United States District Courts in Kentucky.
Mr. Sutton concentrates his practice in the areas of health care law, intellectual property, products liability, tort and insurance defense, and general litigation.
Mr. Sutton has represented a number of hospitals, long term care facilities, and nursing facilities in connection with his health care practice and has handled a wide range of issues including medical negligence, statutory and regulatory compliance, HIPAA issues, and alternative dispute resolution agreements. Mr. Sutton has also represented clients in intellectual property cases involving copyright, trademark, and patent litigation and issues involving licensing.
- Author: A Privilege That is Good For Your Health: The Federal Quality Assurance Privilege
- BAR briefs, Louisville Bar Association, November 2011
- Author: Legislating the Tower of Babel: International Restrictions on Internet Content and the Marketplace of Ideas
- Federal Communications Law Journal, Volume 56, No. 2, March 2004
- Indiana University, Bloomington BA, 1997 Golden Key National Honor’s Society, Dean’s List 1993-1997
- Indiana University, Bloomington MS, 1999 Dean’s List 1997-1999
- Indiana University School of Law JD, 2004 cum laude, Dean’s List 2001-2004, Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Legal Academic Performance, CALI Legal Excellence Awards in Negotiable Instruments, Intellectual Property, Entertainment Law, and Communications Law, Federal Communications Law Journal
- Health Care Law
- Intellectual Property
- Entertainment Law
- Tort and Insurance Defense
- Product Liability Litigation
- First Amendment, Media and Advertising
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association