Kathleen E. Watson
Kathleen is a native of Henderson, Kentucky. She attended Murray State University where she majored in Political Science and graduated with honors in 2012. She then obtained her Juris Doctor with high honors from Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law in 2015.
While in law school, Kathleen was a senior associate editor of the NKU Law Review and a pupil of the Chase Inn of Court. She was the brief-writer and assistant coach of the National Moot Court Team, lead attorney of the National Trial Team, and both the opening statement and closing argument chairs for the Chase Student Advocacy Society.
Kathleen gained valuable in-house experience at a full-service clinical research organization during law school. She then completed an internship with a Federal District Court Judge in Cincinnati, Ohio and a clerkship with a State Circuit Court Judge in Western Kentucky.
Kathleen began her career in civil litigation in 2017, primarily defending health care providers and attorneys against claims of professional negligence. Since that time, her practice has expanded into several areas of civil litigation.
- Murray State University BS, 2012, cum laude
- Northern Kentucky University JD, 2015 magna cum laude
- Professional Negligence
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Insurance Coverage and Fraud
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky (Federal)
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana (Federal)
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- 2022 Kentucky Rising Star
- COBRA Data and the Right to Confront Technology Against You; 42:2 N. Ky. L. Rev. 375 (2015), presented at the NKU Law + Informatics Symposium on Digital Evidence, February 27, 2015.
- “Older Females” Are Not a Subclass Entitled to Protection Under Title VII: Why the Sixth Circuit Got it Right in Sherman, N. Ky. B. Ass’n. Lex Loci 12 (April 2015).
- (Contributor) Henry L. Stevens, Mediation in Kentucky: Adoption of the Mediation Act Would Help, 42:1 N. Ky. L. Rev. 1 (2015).
- (Contributor) D. Timothy Huey, Steven R. Adams, and James Nesci, Ohio OVI Defense: The Law and Practice, Lawyers & Judges Publishing Company, Inc. (2016).