Callie E. Walton
Ms. Walton concentrates her practice in the area of General Civil Litigation including all Family Law and Divorce matters as well as Employment disputes and discrimination claims. Ms. Walton is a partner with over 20 years’ experience in Family Law and Employment Litigation. She has successfully litigated several employment discrimination cases and countless family, divorce and custody matters. Ms. Walton was born in Lexington, Kentucky, in December, 1969. She graduated from Henry Clay High School in June 1987. In 1991, she graduated from the University of Kentucky obtaining a Bachelor of Business Administration with Departmental Honors in Marketing. While attending the University of Kentucky and continuing until 1992 she worked for the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence and the Kentucky Center for Public Issues.
In 1992, she moved to Louisville to attend the University of Louisville School of Law. She was chosen to be a Member of the Journal of Law and Education, 1994-1995. Her Article, “Gun Free School Zones Act: A Token Fix or a Workable Solution?” was published in the Journal of Law and Education (Summer 1995). She was elected to the positions of Class Representative, Honor Council, 1994-1995, and Manager, Student Bar Association Book Store, 1994-1995.
In May 1995, she was admitted to the Kentucky Bar. Thereafter, Ms. Walton was admitted to practice in Federal Court including the Western and Eastern District of Kentucky, the Southern District of Indiana, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has been a Member of the Louisville, Kentucky and American Bar Associations, the American Inns of Court (2006-2008), and the Junior League of Louisville, Inc.
On a personal note, Ms. Walton is married with three (3) children. Her personal hobbies and interests include golf, bikram yoga, gardening, and reading.
University of Louisville School of Law,
- J.D. (1995)
- Law Journal: Journal of Law and Education, Member, 1994 – 1995
University of Kentucky, B.B.A (1991)
- B.A. 1991
- Honors: Departmental Honors in Marketing
- Major: Marketing Business Administration
- Kentucky, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2006
- Divorce Law
- Custody and Child Support
- Employment Litigation
- Discrimination Claims
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, 2011 – Present
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, 2011 – Present
- Kentucky Justice Association
- American Inns of Court, Member, 2006 – 2008
- 2016 Top Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law – Plaintiff
- Helmers DeMuth Walton, 2000 to 2012 – Partner
- Goldberg Simpson, 2012 to 2015 – Partner
- Kentucky Chapter Association of Legal Administrators Annual Retreat – March 10-11, 2016 – Employment Law Updates
- UK/CLE’s 15th Biennial Employment Law Institute – June 9-10, 2016 – Panel Discussion – Plaintiff’s Perspective